CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR PRESS PASS GUIDELINES
If you are interested in being considered for press passes, please review the following eligibility requirements.
Press pass eligibility depends on many factors, including the content of your site and whether or not that content aligns with the event you are interested in covering. To ascertain which journalists qualify for press passes, CZA relies on the guidelines established by the American Theatre Critics Association, which states:
“Membership is open to all who review theatre professionally, regularly, and with substance for print, electronic, or digital media. ATCA understands ‘professional’ normally to mean you are paid for your reviews and there is some editorial supervision of your criticism – e.g., it is not disseminated only on a personal, unsupervised website. But even such websites may qualify [upon] considering such measures as substance, reputation, and track record. Normally, any applicant must have been a published critic for at least a year.”
An ATCA member—or another writer who meets the above criteria—is generally eligible for press passes when covering the current show for a review that will appear in a qualifying media outlet.
• Press passes are always subject to availability and may not be offered for every show. Charles Zukow Associates reserves the right to offer or restrict press passes on a case-by-case basis.
• Press passes will only be available for a limited time and may be restricted to opening night or an alternate press performance. Weekend performances are generally not available.
• Members of the media are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
•Tickets will be distributed to members of the media who intend to write an advance feature or who plan to review the production.
• Passes will not be available for preview performances.
• Generally two tickets will be provided to each reviewer, although this may be limited to one seat under certain circumstances. Seating will be at the theater’s discretion.
• Press requests should come directly to the theater’s publicist, not to theatre staff members.
• All media are expected to send clips and/or links to pre- and/or post-show coverage to the appropriate PR contact at Charles Zukow Associates.
• Press pass privileges can be revoked at any time for media who fail to meet the above requirements.
If you meet the requirements, please fill out the form below.